From various sources.
PERMISSION TO FORWARD
SELF-PROMOTION: Does the very term make you cringe? Do you suffer from “Not-Doing-Enough-Self-Promotion” guilt? Do you think self-promotion is something you’ll have time to learn AFTER getting The Call?
In February, PR consultant Marcia James and over TWENTY promotion-savvy guest lecturers will present “PR Is NOT a Four-Letter Word”, a month-long, online workshop that will provide insider tips, hard-won knowledge, and tools to pick the PR options right for YOU.
The speaker fees for this workshop will be donated to Best Friends Animal Society (http://www.bestfriends.org/), which runs the largest no-kill animal shelter in the U.S.
Here’s the workshop’s topics and presenters:
- Introduction & “What’s Your PR Personality” Quiz by Marcia James, Berkley/Cerridwen author
- Promotion According To Deadlines, Paydays, And The Real World… by Kate Douglas, Kensington author
- Promoting Yourself Before “The Call” by Beth Morrow, Wild Rose Press author & workshop presenter
- Author Branding by Jenn Stark, Golden Heart winner & workshop presenter
- Web Site Design by Karen McCullough, Cerridwen author & Karen’s Web Works designer
- Chats, Reviews & Banners by Marcia James
- Online & Print Press Kits by Patricia Sargeant, Kensington/Berkley author
- Introduction To Co-Promotion by Dianne Castell, Kensington, Berkley & Harlequin/Silhouette author
- Co-Promotion Through Group Blogs by Donna MacMeans, Berkley author
- Cross-Promotion by J.C. Wilder/Dominique Adair, Samhain/Ellora’s Cave author
- Author Promotion Sites by DeNita Tuttle of AuthorIsland.com
- Advertising In RT, RWR, Etc by Janice Maynard, NAL author
- Print & Trinket PR Materials by Marcia James
- Public Appearances/Public Speaking by Karen Harper, MIRA author
- Promoting To Acquaintances by Laurie Kingery, Steeple Hill/Love Inspired author
- Networking I: Power-Schmoozing by Susan Gee Heino, Berkley author
- Networking II: Mentoring & The Farleyfile by Jennifer Stevenson, Ballantine author
- Social Media Sites I: Navigating the Galaxy of Social Networks – Kathy Kulig, Ellora’s Cave/Cerridwen Press author
- Social Media Sites II — Social Networking: A Curse or the Great Coming? – Donna Hill, Harlequin author
- Author Newsletters by Kay Stockham, Harlequin Superromance/Berkley author
- Readers’ Loops by Carol Ann Erhardt, Wild Rose Press author
- Published Author Contests & You by Jenna Petersen/Jess Michaels, Avon author & workshop presenter
- Books, Shelves, and Signings by Linda Keller, RWA Bookseller of the Year & Barnes & Noble CRM
- Interviews by Marcia James
- Book Videos by Barbara Satow, PPA author & owner of NovelTeaser
- Podcasts by Melissa Alvarez w/a Ariana Dupre, Nonfiction/Cerridwen Press author
- Thinking Outside The Heart-Shaped Box & Wrap-Up by Marcia James
The workshop is sponsored by the Yosemite Romance Writers (YRW) RWA chapter, and registration information can be found at their site: http://www.yosemiteromancewriters.com/6.html
The fee is $25 for non-YRW members, and the deadline for registration is 2/1/09.
“PR Is NOT a Four-Letter Word” is a fun, informal workshop, and attendees are encouraged to print out the lectures for a binder of PR tips. In addition, Marcia James offers a 200-page Microsoft WORD file, filled with detailed information on all types of promotional options, to all attendees.
Published and aspiring authors: Learn to love (okay, LIKE) self-promotion. 😉 And banish the guilt of not doing enough PR. Join us online in February! See you there!