Seressia has always been a voracious reader, cutting her teeth on comics, cereal boxes–anything at hand. So it came as no surprise to family and teachers when she began creating stories featuring some of her favorite characters. One of her earlier works included the autobiography of a piece of bubble gum, and a short Halloween story was turned into a PTA play in elementary school.
Her proudest writing moment remains winning the first Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday “Living the Dream” essay contest as a high school senior and getting to meet Coretta Scott King. Since then, she’s channeled her belief in the power of the written word by creating rich, emotional stories of diverse people coming together to achieve the universal goals of love and acceptance.
When not working on her next story, Seressia is an instructional designer for an international home improvement company. She spends her free time people-watching, belly dancing, and watching way too much anime.
Awards and Accolades
- 2006 Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award Winner, Through the Fire
- 2006 Emma Award for Best Anthology Winner, Vegas Bites
- 2006 Romance in Color Reviewers’ Choice Awards nominee, Genesis Press Book of the Year, Through the Fire
- 2006 Romance in Color Reviewers’ Choice Awards nominee, Anthology of the Year, Vegas Bites
- 2006 Romance in Color Reviewers’ Choice Awards nominee, Novella of the Year, Double Down from Vegas Bites
- 2006 Romance in Color Reviewers’ Choice Awards nominee, Author of the Year
- 2001 Emma Awards nominee, Best New Author
- 2000 Romance in Color Reviewers’ Choice Awards winner, New Author of the Year
- 2000 Romance in Color Reviewers’ Choice Awards winner, Genesis Book of the Year, No Commitment Required
- 1986 Winner, “Living the Dream” essay contest, inaugural Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday celebration
4+ Rating “This could be the start of a very promising career.” –Wayne Jordan, Romance in Color
“A wonderful read when you want a romance with more feeling than sexual posturing.” –The Midwest Book Review
4 1/2 Stars! Top Pick! “A pleasure that’s sure to ease and tantalize from beginning to end.” –Romantic Times Magazine